This Low Carb Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup is full of Mexican flavors. This delicious soup has everything that you would need to comfort yourself in winter.
- 400 grams boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 200 gms plum tomato Fire-roasted
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1.5 tsp chipotle chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika (Optional)
- 1 tspn Mexican Seasoning (optional)
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
- Salt to taste
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tspn oil (optional)
- Fresh Cilantro leaves for garnishing
- Take oil in a pan. Once hot, put minced garlic, followed by onion. Fry till Onion start to brown a little bit.
- To a pre-heated Slow cooker, add chicken breast, crushed tomatoes, cooked Onion and garlic mixture, all the spices, warm Chicken Stock and salt.
- Cover and let it cook on high 2-3 hours.
- At the end of cooking using two forks shred the chicken breast.
To the Crock Pot, stir in chopped bell peppers, Cream, cream cheese, Shredded cheese. Further cook on high for 20-30 minutes.
- While serving, top it with fresh cilantro, Sour cream, Avocados.
- Caramelizing Onion and Garlic is an optional step. You can directly dump everything into the slow cooker. I prefer to do it because It maximizes the flavor.
- I roasted 4-5 medium tomatoes on the stove top. Chopped with a knife and reserved the juices. You can also substitute with equivalent canned tomatoes.
- If you prefer the soup more water like, then increase the stock quantity.
Keyword: Crockpot Soup, Mexican Chicken Soup
Servings: 5 Servings
Calories: 483 kcal
SLOW COOKER MEXICAN CHICKEN SOUP – KETO / LOW CARB
Calories 483 Cholesterol 167mg Protein 27g