Rum balls are a truffle-like confectionery cake of cookie butter flavoured with chocolate and rum. They are roughly the size of a golf ball and often coated in chocolate sprinkles, desiccated coconut, or cocoa. As their name implies, these cookies contain rum. Because they are not baked, the alcohol flavour and kick are not lost during preparation. This cookie is especially popular during the holiday season.
- 1/4 cup finely shredded unsweetened Coconut
- 3/4 cup Hemp Hearts
- 1/2 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/3 cup Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Dark Rum
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 15 drops liquid stevia or other liquid sweetener of your choice
- Line a backing sheet or plate with parchment paper or a silicon baking sheet. Set this aside for later use.
- Place shredded coconut on a plate or a small bowl. Set this aside for later use.
Add other ingredients to the bowl of a food processors.
- Pulse until mixture comes together, mix well together. It will look like a thick paste.
- Pinch 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough and roll into even sized balls. Drop your rum balls into your coconut and roll and coat well.
- Place the completed ball on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Transfer rum balls to your baking sheet and refrigerate or freeze for one hour.
2 net carbs per Rum Ball!
Serving: 0.7oz | Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 1.3% | Calcium: 2.8% | Iron: 13.4%
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 12 people