Chia seeds are awesome. These tiny Mexican guys pack a whole lot of protein and add a whole lot of oomph. They contain large amounts of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, plenty of high quality protein, and several essential minerals and antioxidants.
Lets face it, either you love it or you hate it. But for those of you haters out there, may we suggest you give chia pudding one more try by blending it until silky smooth?
This is easier using pre-ground chia seeds (which you can just grind yourself in your blender/bullet/food processor). But also works well using an immersion blender.
DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE, KETO, PALEO
Think of this overnight gluten free, paleo and keto chia pudding as an ideal way to kickstart your day: a true nutritional powerhouse plus a meal prepping dream!
- 1 cup plant-based milk such as coconut, almond or macadamia*
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- vanilla stevia drops or preferred sweetener, to taste
- toppings of choice optional
- Mix chia seeds with your chosen milk, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Add more liquid as needed to reach desired consistency (optional). Sweeten to taste and serve with toppings of choice.
- Chia pudding can be kept refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week (i.e. it’s ideal for meal prepping!).
Calories 151 Calories from Fat 90
Total Fat 10g 15%
Sodium 328mg 14%
Potassium 97mg 3%
Total Carbohydrates 12.5g 4%
Dietary Fiber 11g 44%
Protein 5g 10%