Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole makes a filling and satisfying accompaniment to any meal.Broccoli Rice Casserole
If you prefer brown rice, 100% Whole Grain Brown Rice is ready in just 10 minutes.That’s much faster than the typical 40 minutes it takes to cook other brown rice. Brown Rice has the same nutritional values as other brown rices and it is gluten-free.
Broccoli Rice Casserole
Prep Time 15 mins Cook Time 40 mins Total Time 55 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 1/2 cups Minute rice uncooked
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 (16-ounce) package processed American cheese, (cut into cubes)
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, defrosted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a casserole dish (9X13-inch).
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat and add onion and celery. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add cubes of processed cheese and stir until mostly melted.
- Add remaining ingredients, except shredded cheddar. Mix well.
- Spoon into prepared dish, cover with aluminum foil. (Spray foil with cooking spray so it doesn’t stick to the food.)
- Place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and leave in oven for another 10-15 minutes.