This 90 second bread is keto, low carb and gluten free. It has a lovely spongy texture that readily soaks up butter, honey or jam.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (if using salted, omit the salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or just a pinch of fine salt)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (gluten free if needed)
- In a small microwave safe bowl (mine measures 3 inches on the bottom and 3.5 inches at the top), melt the butter in the microwave.
- Allow the melted butter to slightly cool, then mix in the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Microwave the mixture on high for 90 seconds. Bread will puff up while “baking,” then slightly deflate. When done, it will look like a muffin. Make sure it appears set, otherwise microwave 10-20 more seconds (but 90 seconds should be enough, and overcooking can dry it up).
- Gently, with a paring knife, loosen the bread edges and remove from the bowl onto a plate.
- Slice the 90 second bread crosswise into two slices and top with your favorite toppings.
- If you’d like to toast the 90 second bread, heat 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter in a medium skillet over medium-low (not higher) heat. Add the bread slices. Cook, gently pressing on them with a spatula to ensure even toasting, until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
Nutrition info is calculated using the SparkPeople.com recipe calculator. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. We try to be as accurate as possible, but please feel free to make your own calculations.
Calories from Fat 153
Total Fat 17g
Saturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrates 5g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time:2 minute
Total Time:3 minute